- DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The “#YearOfAdventure Costa Rica Sweepstakes" (the "Contest") is sponsored by Cotopaxi (the "Sponsor"). The Contest is designed to give eligible entrants (each an "Entrant") an opportunity to win four roundtrip tickets to Liberia or San Jose Costa Rica by submitting certain information discussed below. One (1) Entrant will be chosen to win a trip for two persons along with a gear package from supporting partners, one (1) Entrant will receive a second place prize, and one (1) Entrant will receive a 3rd place prize. Seven (7) contestants will receive a runner-up prize.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. The Contest is intended for viewing and participation in the United States and the District of Columbia. Do not proceed if you are not located in the United States at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies ("Sponsor Entities"), and members of their immediate families (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins at 11:59pm MST on October 29, 2016 and ends at 11:59pm MST on November 20th, 2016. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address, unless Entrant shares the Contest via their social media channels through Sponsor’s platform, in which such Entrant will be rewarded more entries. Entries from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. To enter, you must submit your entry using the entry form on Cotopaxi’s website (https://www.cotopaxi.com/costarica) and follow the instructions on the website. You must provide your full name, valid email address, age and zipcode. Sponsor or its designated representatives reserve the right to disqualify any Entry that does not conform to these rules and guidelines as determined, and may be changed, by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. Sponsor's clock is the official clock and sole determinant for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest. The Entry is time stamped when the Entrant clicks on the Submit button at the completion of the entry process. By entering you are agreeing to receive email communications and related materials from cotopaxi.com, questival.cotopaxi.com, alaskaair.com, http://www.goalzero.com/, http://www.marriott.com/ (Marriott Hotels), https://epicbar.com/, http://www.jaybirdsport.com/, http://kammok.com/ and http://www.orukayak.com/.
The file of each Entrant will be stored in a database belonging to Sponsor, or a third party at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to use information of the Entrant by Sponsor, and its affiliates, offering special offers or promotions, requesting updates from each Entrant for its records. Entrant may opt out of these communications at any time.
- PRIZE: One (1) grand prize (the "Prize") will be awarded to an Entrant randomly selected by Cotopaxi, in the manner it desires, 2 roundtrip tickets to San Jose or Liberia, Costa Rica on Alaska Airlines, and a gear package from participating brands. One (1) second place prize will be awarded to an Entrant that will receive a gear package from participating brands. One (1) third place prize will be awarded to an Entrant that will receive a gear package from participating brands. In all, a total of seven (7) contestants will receive a runner-up prize. The prizes are neither refundable nor transferable. The Prize will only be awarded to the Entrant whose full name, valid email address, age and zip code was submitted on the Entry form. Please allow six weeks to receive the Prize from the date of being declared the winner in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is responsible for delivery of the Prize only.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS: On or around November 21st, winners will be randomly selected and notified via email. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. The Prize winner will be notified via email within fourteen (14) days after being chosen. Winners will have 3 business days to respond to the email or forfeit their prize. If the potential Prize winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within two (2) business days from the time Sponsor’s first attempt to notify him/her confirming receipt of the Prize notification; (iii) fails to accept the Prize within one (1) week from the time contact is established as is outlined in the previous point (ii); (iv) fails to return the trip release form as specified; (v) refuses the Prize; (vi) is unresponsive to Sponsor during any point of the prize fulfillment process; and/or (vii) the Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternative potential winner may be selected. After three (3) such alternate winners have been selected without securing eligible winners, the Prize may remain unawarded. The Prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements of the Contest to be declared “Winner” of the Contest, or recipients of the Prize or prizes. The potential Prize winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Contest should so indicate, unless and until the Prize winner has been verified and notified and such verification process is complete.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Conduct. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify the terms and conditions of the Contest, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest, and to disqualify any Entrant that tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may reject any Entrant, if in Sponsor's sole judgment, the Entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility, or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. ANY PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. If there is any dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the Prize or prizes will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet provider, online service provider or other organization such as a business or educational institution that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the same. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (i) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God or (ii) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- RELEASES AND AFFIDAVITS. Before being declared a winner, the selected Entrant may have to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Waiver and Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within five (5) calendar days. By participating in this Contest each Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor Entities from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Contest (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
- ENTRY/ERRORS/INTERNET. Sponsor is not in anyway responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, or any other type of inaccurate entries by an Entrant. For any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest.
- PRIVACY: By participating in this Contest, Entrant grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her likeness the information provided to Sponsor ("Information") without further permission or compensation for the purpose of administering the Contest including but not limited to, contacting and announcing the winner, and acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose the Information to third parties or service providers of the Sponsor in connection with the foregoing. By accepting a prize in this Contest, winner grants to the Sponsor the right to use his or her Information including any photographs or comments for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest without compensation or further permission and acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose the Information to third parties or service providers of the Sponsor in connections with the foregoing. These foregoing rules and guidelines supersede Sponsor's Online Terms and Conditions located at: http://cotopaxi.com/pages/terms-of-use
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability related to the content herein and and other obligations of each Entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these contents is/are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions herein will remain in full force and effect.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Cotopaxi - GLOBAL UPRISING PBC, 74 S. Main Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. United States of America, Phone: 844.268.6729.
- This contest/promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, or other social media websites.