From high-alpine treks to cold-weather travels, the Altiplano Vest provides a comfortable dose of core warmth. The highly packable, hybrid design features lightweight and compressible Polartec insulation in the body and Polartec Power Stretch fleece on the lower back and underarm panels to insulate without overheating. The ripstop shell features a DWR finish that sheds light weather, and two hand pockets and an internal stash pocket keep all your small items secure.
- Polyester ripstop shell with DWR finish
- Lightweight Polartec® Alpha® insulation
- Polartec® Power Stretch® fleece on lower back and underarm panels
- YKK METALUXE® center front zip with storm flap
- Two zippered hand pockets and internal zippered stash pocket
- Wind- and water-resistant upcycled ripstop shell fabric with DWR finish
- Weight: 227 g (8 oz)
Polartec® Alpha® is the latest evolution of synthetic insulation offering a rare combination of lightweight warmth and true breathability in a “puffy” style garment. Because Polartec® Alpha® insulation is highly durable and more stable than other synthetic insulation products, more open-construction woven face and back fabrics can be selected to create an air permeable package. This small amount of air rapidly draws moisture away from the body and allows Polartec® Alpha® to be worn in a wider range of activities compared to classic “vapor barrier” style insulation.
- Superior breathability
- Warmth without weight
- Fast drying
- Easy care