Llama fleece has been used for over 6000 years in the Andes region of South America, and our technical take on this traditional material makes it the first llama insulated jacket on the market.
Llama fleece has some distinct advantages. It offers a wide comfort range compared to other insulations. It still insulates when wet. It won’t compress, clump, or mat with time. And it won’t shrink when washed. Additionally, llama wool’s hypoallergenic fibers won’t cause irritation. Its antimicrobial fibers don’t retain body odors. Unlike wool processing, llama fibers do not require chemical agents, and the naturally soft fibers also do not require the “super washing” or resin coating used to process merino wool.
In short, we’ve taken a material that’s been used for eons and added our own twist to create a jacket that’s tough enough to withstand the harshest conditions but sleek enough for the city.
- 20D nylon ripstop with DWR finish
- Unique llama-poly insulation
- Weight: 15oz (half zip) 16oz (full zip)
- Insulation made proudly in the USA
- Reversible for ultimate versatility
- Conveniently packs into chest pocket
- YKK zippers
- Lycra comfort cuffs
- Available in a half-zip or full-zip design
- Snap buttons on back for flexibility