Belonging at Cotopaxi
Over the past year, Cotopaxi has made an explicit effort to examine our internal and external practices as they relate to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB). To help guide improvement, we engaged a third party DEIB firm to formally evaluate the current state of our company as it relates to belonging, fairness, employee experience, and recruitment and human resources practices.
While our percentage of women is healthy and strong, making up 54% of the company and 41% of the senior leadership roles, we acknowledge that our internal BIPOC and LGBTQIA communities are still small at only 14%. We recognize that diversifying our team is essential and are now taking actionable steps to change this, including implementing the following practices:
- Adopting a remote-first model for most full-time staff
- Partnering with DEIB specific job boards and communities
- Providing transparent details on compensation and benefits on job postings
In terms of inclusion and sense of belonging, we have focused on implementing programs like a DEI Committee, Employee Resource Groups, and anonymous surveys in an effort to continuously make Cotopaxi a better place for all people to work. Here are a few tangible things we do to help people feel welcome every day:
- Hold monthly Allamas meetings where any employee can bring forward any concern directly to executives
- Have biannual offsites where employees can develop bonds, have real conversations, and participate in fun activities
- Use the principles of radical candor to express concerns, feelings, and suggestions without fear of repercussion
Cotopaxi offers a variety of health plans to our employees. Per the Transparency in Coverage Rule, Cotopaxi's In-Network and Out-of-Network forms can be found here.
As a humanitarian and mission-driven brand, Cotopaxi is not only hyper aware of but also deeply invested in putting people first. We welcome, embrace, and celebrate all people regardless of gender, age, race, disability, nationality, ethnicity, faith, or sexual orientation. We believe in Doing Good, and how we commit to our mission starts with the people we hire.